I have over 10 years of experience leading innovative science communication initiatives, projects, and programs across Canada. Highlights include:
- Climate Change Garden Exhibit Project 2021, Royal Botanical Gardens (RBG). Researched and provided a recommendation to RBG staff on the feasibility and suitability of building and hosting a climate change garden exhibit.
- Outreach Activity Kit for Canada’s Oceans Now, 2020, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO). I developed five outreach activities linked to chapter topics in the DFO’s public report on the state of Canada’s oceans. Outreach kits are available online.
- 2019 Cootes to Escarpment EcoPark System BioBlitz, Royal Botanical Gardens and Cootes to Escarpment EcoPark System. I coordinated the delivery of a two-day event featuring multiple community-led workshops, community science surveys, and a native plant sale.
- Wetland Discovery Day 2018, Royal Botanical Gardens. I led the development and operation of a new special event at Royal Botanical Gardens in partnership with Ducks Unlimited Canada in 2018. The event featured tours and educational stations with special guests, expert biologists, and community partners.
- The Frog Pond 2018, Royal Botanical Gardens. I created the interpretive and visual plan for this exhibit about wetland biodiversity. I also coordinated exhibit maintenance, including the care schedules for live reptiles and amphibians on display.